The Junior League of Lee County (JLLC) builds partnerships and seeks solutions that make a lasting impact on our ever-changing community through voluntarism, leadership, and funding. JLLC provides both volunteer and funding opportunities to community partners. The Junior League of Lee County has established the Community Assistance Grant Fund to allocate resources to support community programs in the areas of literacy and the arts.
JLLC will award Community Assistance grants to Lee County agencies doing work within our Community Focus which is as follows:
- The Junior League of Lee County strives to promote health and wellness among elementary and middle school children of Lee County by providing and assisting with access to food, nutritional education and physical education.
- The JLLC will provide opportunities for intellectual, physical, and emotional development in order to improve self-esteem and build better citizens.
Community Assistance funds are budgeted on an annual basis by the League. Complete applications with all support documentation are due on or before December 1st, for funding by April 1st.
- Grants range up to a maximum amount of $5,000 per agency.
- Community projects must match with the current league Community Focus as stated above.
- Applicants must have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) Applicants must have a local Board of Directors.
- Applicants must operate within the geographical boundaries of the Junior League of Lee County, which covers all areas in Lee County, Alabama.
THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES ARE INELIGIBLE FOR COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE FUNDING:
- Assistance in paying for seminars or conferences
- Travel or moving expenses
- Staff salaries
- General operating expenses
- Fundraising purposes
- Sectarian or religious projects
- Home and school clubs or PTA
Thank you for your interest in helping to build better communities with the Junior League of Lee County. We invite your application and look forward to working with you.
If you have a need for information or have questions, please direct them to Research and Development Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.