The JLLC New Member Education Committee supports all New Members and facilitates programming that allows New Members to learn about the history, mission, and vision of AJLI and JLLC, serve the community through partnerships with local organizations, and develop friendships with women who share a passion for voluntarism.
The JLLC is currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 League year. If you are interested in voluntarism, have a commitment to community service, and possess a desire for developing your leadership potential, then membership in the JLLC will be a great fit for you.
For more information about JLLC email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or attend one (or both!) of our summer interest meetings on July 17th and August 9th.
Once you decide you would like to make the commitment to membership in JLLC, please complete the located at the top of the page by August 31, 2018. You can return the completed application by mail to P.O. Box 3802, Auburn, AL 36831 or send it electronically to: email@example.com.
The New Member course will run from August 2018 to May 2019, during which you will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
New Member Opportunities
JLLC New Members have special opportunities for networking and involvement in addition to general membership opportunities.
- New Member Fall Retreat – The New Member Retreat is a welcome event and orientation for all New Members of the Junior League of Lee County. This year, the retreat is scheduled for Sunday, August 26, 2018 from 2:00-4:00pm.
- New Member Meet-Ups – The New Member Education Committee will host optional small group meet-ups once a month in September, October, November, February, March, and April. These meet-ups are an extra opportunity to mix and mingle with fellow New Members.
- New Member Spring DIAD – A Done in a Day (DIAD) is a special type of service opportunity with the Junior League that is essentially a micro-project in partnership with another local organization resulting in direct community impact. New members will have a special DIAD opportunity in January.
General Membership Opportunities
JLLC New Members also have the same general membership opportunities as Active Members.
- Committee Placement – All Active and New Members have the opportunity to be meaningfully placed in an area of interest. Examples of committees include Education and Training, Member Engagement, Research and Development, Public Relations and Marketing, and many more.
- Education and Training Events – The League will host special Education and Training events throughout the year that are open to all members and are designed to develop the personal and professional potential of our members. Recent events include our Women’s Leadership Institute known as Empower, a Personal Branding Workshop, a trip to the State Capitol, and many more.
- Service Opportunities – JLLC is beginning its first year with a new community impact focus, and we are in the process of building new service programs. JLLC intends to strengthen the leadership, power, and voice of school-aged girls (5-18) in Lee County resulting in increased confidence, courage, knowledge, and personal development.
- Social Events – Throughout the year, the League will host social events such as GMM After-Hours at local establishments, Casino Night, and more.
- General Membership Meetings (GMMs) – GMMs are held monthly from September to May and are usually held on the 2nd Tuesday at 6:00pm. Note that attendance at Voting GMMs is especially important. There may also be special GMMs that are themed and/or blended with a holiday celebration, such as the annual JLLC Holiday Party in December.
New Member Financial Obligations
All Active, Sustaining, and New Members pay annual membership dues, and all Active and New Members have the same designated fundraising minimum and fundraiser volunteer shift expectations. The JLLC Treasurer can answer any questions about finances.
- 2018-2019 Membership Application Fee $45
- 2018-2019 New Member Dues $160
- Fundraising Minimum $250
- Fundraiser Volunteer Shifts 2 hours per fundraiser
Tentative Schedule of Events
Some dates may be subject to change. This is to give you an idea of the timing of events that are offered throughout the year for Active, Sustaining, and New Members.
New Member Special Activities
- August 26: New Member Fall Retreat
- Sep/Oct/Nov: New Member Meet-Ups
- January: New Member Spring DIAD
- Feb/Mar: New Member Meet-Ups
League Activities for All Members
- September: JLLC Kick-off Celebration
- October: General MembershipMeeting(GMM) and Poinsettia Fundraiser
- November: GeneralMembershipMeeting(GMM) and Poinsettia Fundraiser
- December: JLLC Holiday Celebration
- January: General Membership Meeting (GMM)
- February: General Membership Meeting (GMM)
- March: General Membership Meeting (GMM) **Officer Slate Announced**
- April: General Membership Meeting (GMM) **Voting Meeting**
- May: JLLC End-of-Year Celebration